If there is someone who is looking for a complete welding project and needs to get the job done quickly mobile welding is the ideal choice. Mobile welding is a favorable method that allows welders to bring their material and equipment directly to the site. This reduces the cost of expensive transportation and construction fees which makes this a well-received choice among many industries.
A mobile welder’s day can comprise repairing immovable objects, excavator buckets, building steel fences, or even fixing complex things that can’t be dealt with in a workshop. Their variety of work requires the ability to apply problem-solving skills and that makes it worthwhile and challenging for professional welders.
It doesn’t matter what background, anything that involves welding in oil fields, heavy equipment, and repair, or building and welding race car chassis, mobile welders come in handy and get the job done efficiently.
What is Mobile Welding?
Mobile welding is a type of welding service that can be used in hard-to-reach locations. It is a great choice for construction projects that involve the use of structural steel, stainless steel, and various other metals. Professional welders are equipped with welding materials without being constricted to a workshop. They are often equipped with state-of-the-art technology which allows them to perform a variety of different methods at the job site.
, such as:
- MIG welding
- TIG welding
- Arc custom welding
- Custom steel fabrication
- Fixing structures like railings, staircases, and gates
Here’s a list of advantages of mobile welding:
- Cost Efficient and Convenient – The most obvious advantage of mobile welding is its ease factor because welders can bring their tools and materials to the workplace without the hassle of transporting them from one place to another. This not only saves time and effort but also money for both the customer and the welder.
- Versatile – Mobile Welders can work on various types of welding, including MIG (Metal Inert Gas) TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas), stick, Oxy-acetylene gas welding, arc gouging, brazing soldering, spot welding, and more. Versatility, here means that the mobile welder can get any type of project with ease – everything from automotive repairs to commercial construction projects.
- Safety – It is important to have access to all the necessary safety equipment when it comes to any type of welding process. Mobile welders come prepared with everything they need to ensure the project is completed safely and correctly. This includes full-face shields and safety helmets with shaded lenses and visors for eye protection against UV radiation damage caused by the sparks during the welding process. Other than that, mobile welders have access right on the site in case of any emergency. This will help them to react quickly which helps minimize the potential injury risks associated with their job that require working at heights or in confined spaces where it is difficult to have access to emergency services whenever required.
- Easy to Reach – If your building site is difficult to reach or is situated in a hard-to-reach location, hiring a mobile welder will make the process even easier.
- Prioritization – The biggest advantage of mobile welding is that the most important welding work can be finished first before moving to less important ones.
- Improvisation – It is when a qualified welder at the site makes it extremely easy by giving the exact specifications of the product you need. A professional mobile welding expert can perform the exact type of welding that is required to be done.
- No Hidden Cost – Generally whenever the project is complete, it so happens that hidden charges can crop up. Whenever you hire a welder, this won’t happen. Mobile services allow customers to get the quote before the deal is made to prevent further confusion. Many Mobile service welders offer an hourly or daily rate for our on-site fabrication.
- Increased Speed – When it comes to traditional welding shops they have a long list of projects they work on. The welders find it difficult to provide customized welding services during their busy schedule which is why they mostly end up multi-tasking to complete every project in a timely method. When the customer chooses a mobile welding service they can be assured that the welder will only focus on your project without getting distracted or having to multitask. This eventually means that repairs or other work of the project will get completed very fast, in turn allowing you to focus on the next stage of the project.
- Wide Range of Services – We are familiar with the fact that people can easily take certain things to a welding shop for them to work on, whereas there are things that we cannot transport easily. Welders who are trained in mobile welding offer their services to large equipment, gates, immovable objects, and fences, just as they would for smaller parts. A wide array of possibilities opens up when mobile welders are hired and this is one of the several advantages we enjoy.
- The list above is an example of how mobile welding services aim to meet the needs and requirements of customers.
Uses of Mobile Welding Services
- There is no need for any stationary power source in the mobile welding process to weld the metals together
- In the case of repairing pipes or large metal structures, the mobile welding process is very favorable as in the case of large metal structures
- Mobile welding service can be used in case of emergencies such as a car needs to be welded shut to prevent damage from a fire
- There is another advantage that mobile welding can be performed either using gas-powered or battery-powered welders.
- Battery-powered mobile welders are generally used as it’s more convenient than gas powered. They are smaller and lighter
- Gas-powered mobile welders are more powerful than battery-powered ones and can be used for thicker metals.
Getting into Field Fabrication –
The thumb rule in the lives of mobile welders and field fabricators is to be prepared with the right tools and equipment for the types of jobs that would come their way. Each work can prove to be tough and challenging yet rewarding.
For those who are planning to start a welding business, it can get tough initially. Once you build a strong customer base that relies on you, then there are no limits to where your service may be required.
Industries Served by Mobile Welders –
The profitability of the mobile welding business depends mostly on the industry served. Mobile welding business is generally locally oriented and depends mainly on people located 100km radius of their location. Since it is a challenge to find clients more than 100 150 km away from their location
- Farming – Farming industries need mobile welders to repair and weld stalls, machinery, and equipment. They build new gates, fences, or structures on the farm. It is important to ensure you have the option to fix whatever needs fixing on the farm. Mobile welders help repair and repurpose and keep the cost and use of resources to a minimum.
- Energy industry that does not include oil – The industry that heavily depends on employing mobile welders is the energy industry. For example, solar panels and wind turbine installation require help from mobile welders but they do need them so often. Also, the prices for mobile welding are lower when compared to the oil industry.
- Oil industry – The oil industry provides secured high incomes for mobile welders with well-equipped welding rigs. These mobile welders generally have top-quality diesel-powered welder generators on their welding rigs. Especially oil refineries and oil pipelines hire mobile welders to provide welding services on their pipes. The work is good, very well-paid, and professional welders enjoy this work environment.
- Infrastructure and Construction – Projects such as water pipes and other welding projects related to infrastructure which include bridges and water treatment plants provide steady income for mobile welders with welding trucks. Other than that, the construction of apartment buildings, industrial plants, and warehouses also requires the service of mobile welders.
- Heavy Equipment Repairs – It doesn’t matter if it’s the construction of heavy equipment or forestry heavy equipment that requires the welding services of mobile welders. Sadly, these customers are not used to high prices because they do not require sophisticated welding like the oil industry.
We can see why mobile welding has become such a favorable and suitable choice among many businesses today. Other than offering a lot of convenience it is cost-saving as well. When mobile welding service is compared to the traditional non-mobile welding processes or hiring outside contractors who require huge upfront setup costs or long-term contracts for service agreements. It is necessary to understand that there is no need to worry about anything because just like every job, mobile welding also comes with safety equipment.
So the next time you are looking for quick, well-planned, and reliable service, then consider giving your local mobile welder a call today!